What is the AlterG?
We have added the AlterG ® Anti-Gravity Treadmill ® to our South Loop clinic. The AlterG is a state of the art unweighting treadmill, which allows you to reduce their body weight by up to 80% while you walk or run.
The AlterG adds a new dimension to our care and treatment provided to patients here at IMPACT Physical Therapy. Whether you are an athlete trying to build mileage or someone with degenerative joint disease wanting to walk without pain, our AlterG can be beneficial for weight bearing issues. By decreasing body weight and ground reaction forces, the AlterG will allow you to move earlier during the rehabilitation process and facilitate a normalized gait pattern while reducing pain and fear avoidance.
Other conditions the Anti-Gravity Treadmill is beneficial for include:
- Post surgical patients who are progressing their weight bearing status
- Low back pain patients with load intolerance
- De-conditioned and bariatric patients
- Patients with any number of over-use injuries including, plantar fasciitis, stress fractures, tendonitis, and chondromalacia patella
- Athletes who want to increase mileage or speed without injury
- Patients impaired by degenerative joint disease
Clinical use of the Alter G is covered under the benefits of many health insurance plans however, we also offer cash rates. At IMPACT Physical Therapy, we want the best for all of our patients. If you would like to learn more about the AlterG and if its use is right for you contact us at our South Loop clinic at 312-877-5101.