What is Manual Therapy?
You may have experienced manual therapy in the past and may not have realized it. Modern manual therapy techniques are skilled hand movements and skilled passive movements of joints and soft tissue. The intended purpose of these techniques is to
- Increase tissue elasticity
- Improve range of motion
- Mobilize soft tissue and joints
- Reduce soft tissue pain, inflammation, or restriction.
Manual Therapy Techniques
Our physical therapists utilize the following proven manual therapy techniques:
- Manual traction
- Lymphatic drainage
- Passive range of motion
Manual Therapy Benefits
Our physical therapists will perform manual therapy techniques during your examination, diagnosis, and prognosis. Based on their findings they will use these techniques to:
- Increase the ability to move
- Enhance health, wellness, and fitness
- Decrease edema, pain, spasm, or swelling
- Enhance or maintain physical performance
- Prevent or remediate impairment in body functions
- Improve physical function
Schedule a Manual Therapy Treatment Today
in the Chicagoland Area and Champaign
At IMPACT Physical Therapy, we want the best for all of our patients. Our therapists are fully trained in manual therapy techniques so that you can feel pain-free as quickly as possible. Contact IMPACT Physical Therapy today to schedule a consultation at one of our Chicagoland and Champaign physical therapies, including the South Loop, Oak Lawn, Lakeview, Hinsdale, and Norridge.